For (N) tomatoes you have, you’ll want about (N - 1) habanero peppers.
- 4 Habanero Peppers
- 5 Small Tomatoes
- ~1 or less Tablespoon of Salt
- Pot with Lid
- Add water to the pot, enough to not overflow when you put the peppers and tomatoes inside, then heat to boil
- De-stem the tomatoes. You can leave them on the peppers for now
- Once the water is boiling throw in the tomatoes and peppers
- Boil for 5 minutes
- Remove the tomatoes and peppers from the water or just drain the pot with them in
- De-stem the peppers
- Throw tomatoes and habaneros into a blender
- Sprinkle in the salt. You can start less than a tablespoon and always add more later to taste.
- ~~~~ Blend ~~~~
- Leave to cool
- Can store in fridge when ready
Photos and More
After eating some great homemade habanero salsa in Father’s Day weekend I made a goal of the incoming week to learn how to make this. My mom indulged me on the complicated recipe and I fell in love with it after putting it on wraps, eating it with tortilla chips, etc.
This should be a great base to work off of if you want to add some variation due to it’s simplicity. Habanero salsa in blender with wrap. And dog on bottom left.